Vancouver’s 7th Annual Cherry Blossom Festival
Spring has sprung and the city is glowing from all the vibrant colors of the cherry blossoms that occupy over 1,300 locations throughout Metro Vancouver. Throughout the month of April, many festivities and activities have been organized by the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival (VCBF) to celebrate the gorgeous oriental trees.
There are a few free community events remaining in the month of April:
Sakura windows unveiling ceremony
- When: April 18, 2014 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
- Where: Oppenheimer Park (488 Powell Street)
- Summary: Community Partner Event: Please join us as we unveil the memorial windows to commemorate the history of Japanese Canadians and cherry blossom trees planted in 1977.
Tree Talks and Walks Easter Parade
- When: April 20, 2014, Sunday, 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Where: TBA
- Summary: Presented by Wendy Cutler, VCBF Cherry Scout Co-ordinator. Wendy has been scouting and documenting the tree locations in these neighbourhoods since the festival began
Bike the Blossoms
- When: April 26, 2014 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Where: Route TBA
- Summary: Join Velopalooza and the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival for a fun, free guided bike ride – details coming soon
Be sure to check out one of these free, outdoor events. It’ll be a great opportunity to learn about the history of Cherry Blossoms in Vancouver, get outside and meet new people.