The Best Ways to Celebrate Canada Day in Downtown Vancouver
Oh Canada, our national birthday is coming up July 1st when we turn an older, wiser 152, and it just does not get more in-the-heart-of-it-all than Pan Pacific Vancouver. Like the ultimate birthday party celebration for over 250,000 fellow Canadian fans and friends, enjoy live music, food, fireworks and more at free events and venues spanning five city blocks—the largest celebration outside Ottawa, our nation’s capital.
Canada Place – 9:30am to 10:50pm
Called Canada Place for a reason, this iconic landmark is home to an award-winning day of Canada Day festivities.
- Performances on the Main Stage in front of Canada Place start at 12pm with the Coast Salish Welcome, and moving into Dirty Radio, Blonde Diamond, Bitterly Divine, Marieme and the 5:30pm headliner: Delhi 2 Dublin
- Citizenship Ceremony at the Vancouver Convention Centre to welcome 60 new Canadians
- Canadian Forces Zone featuring interactive exhibits honouring Canada’s Army, Navy and Air Force
- A Picnic Plaza with family-friendly activities and picnic tables to enjoy food truck fare
- The Kids’ Zone and Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone featuring activities and live entertainment
- The ultimate, simultaneous Fireworks Show lights up at 10:30pm from not one, but two floating barges in Coal Harbour and Dundarave in West Vancouver. Watch from these locations or enjoy prime viewing in the Viewing Zone at Canada Place for $15; children 5 and under are free.
[Complete Canada Place Event Schedule.]
Pan Pacific Vancouver – 6pm to 12:00pm
Join us at Oceans 999 & Patio for birthday festivities, including a spectacular Buffet Dinner, live entertainment, and prime fireworks viewing with your dinner reservation!
6pm to 10pm
Goby Catt Trio – this popular group has travelled across the glove, delivering a cool swing to jazz classics.
10pm to Midnight
Cole Petrone – an accomplished singer-songwriter known for his smooth tenor voice and unique indie style.