Chef Carkner’s Linzer Torte Recipe
Have you had a chance to pick up Business in Vancouver’s Christmas edition yet? The complimentary magazine is chock-a-block full of Christmas gift ideas, events calendar, a walking tour, shopping guide, and holiday recipes, including one for linzer torte from our very own Executive Chef, Geoff Carkner!
300g all-purpose flour
300g ground hazelnut
1/2 tsp ground clove
1 tsp ground cinnamon
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 egg yolk
350g lingonberry jam
1 egg yolk
2-3 tbsp heavy cream
40g slivered almond
- Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and start mixing.
- Cut cold butter in small pieces and add to the dry ingredients while mixing.
- Add egg, mix just until dough comes together (don’t overmix).
- Rest doug 30 minutes in fridge.
- Take 2/3 of the doug and roll out to fit a 9-inch pie shell.
- Now spread lingonberry jam evenly on the dough leaving 1/2 inch border on the side.
- Take the rest of the dough and roll into strings and lace the top of the pie.
- Mix egg yolk and cream and brush on top of the lace and sprinkle with the silvered almonds.
- Bake at 170C for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- Once the torte cools, dust with icing sugar.