Toys Needed for Christmas Wish Breakfast!
Each year we ask Vancouverites to join us at the Hotel for our annual Christmas Wish Breakfast and donate a new, unwrapped toy to the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau, in order to make Christmas special for families in need.
The gift most commonly given are stuffed animals for little kids – however teenagers are in the most need of toys during the holiday season.
While the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau appreciates ALL gifts given, they would like to request that donors offer toys for tweens and teens and even helped put together a wish list for Santa!
Here are the top Christmas wishes from the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau:
Babies, Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Outdoor toys (tricycle, kick scooter, balance bike)
- Building blocks (megablocks, wooden blocks)
- Play doh
- Musical toys (xylophone, maracas, drums)
- Educational toys (Shape sorting cube, abacus, Octotunes)
- Games (Hungry Hungry Hippos, Angry Birds Knock on Wood Game)
- Crayons, paints & easels
- Leapster Explorer Camera
- Toy cars and train sets
- Dinosaur figures.
Elementary School Kids, Tweens & Teens
- Building toys (Lego, Duplo)
- Outdoor toys (skateboard, kick scooter, bike, soccer ball, basket ball, sled)
- Games & Brain twisters (Pokemon Cards, Perplexus, Qwirkle, Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Cranium Family Edition)
- Food Pillow
- Art sets (pencil crayons, pastels)
- Tea & coffee travel mug
- Watch, headphones
- Popcorn popper
- Air hockey
- Tickets to concerts & sports events
- Gift card (coffee, mall, store)
In addition to toy donations, online cash donations will also be accepted through the LMCB website.
Come on down Thursday, November 26, between 6am-9am, and contribute to our massive toy pile! Join thousands of Vancouverites in the spirit of Christmas!