Event: Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown Vancouver
On November 19th, join 15 of British Columbia’s celebrated chefs as they battle head-to-head to create Vancouver’s best sustainable seafood chowder at this year’s Ocean Wise Chowder Chowdown in Vancouver.
Appropriately hosted at the breathtaking Vancouver Aquarium, the Chowder Chowdown will offer 15 different chowders paired with craft beer. The dishes will be evaluated by a panel of judges as well as the attendees to determine who will win this year’s Judges Choice or People’s Choice titles.
This year’s line-up of chefs will include:
- Chef Chris Whittaker, Forage Restaurant (last year’s Judges’ Choice winner)
- Chef Ned Bell, YEW seafood + bar (last year’s People’s Choice winner)
- Chef Nicolas Hipperson, Raincity Grill
- Chef Tyler Dallner, Edible Canada
- Chef Trevor Bird, Fable Restaurant
- Chef Atticus Garant, giovane café + eatery
- Chef Daisuke Fukasaku, Fukasaku of Prince Rupert
- Chef Tret Jordan, Homer St. Café and Bar
- Chef Randy Jones, Mile One Eating House
- Chef Jeff Szombaty, Mosaic Grille
- Chef Ryan Bissell, Perch Restaurant
- Chef Alex Hon, West Restaurant
- Chef Todd Bright, Wild Rice
- Chef Paul deRidder, Beez Kneez Catering
- Chef Tim Bedford, Vancouver Aquarium
Tickets are $63 and expected to sell out. All proceeds directly support Ocean Wise, a Vancouver Aquarium conservation program created to educate and empower consumers about the issues surrounding sustainable seafood.