Celebrate New Year’s Eve at Canada Place
Building on the success of last New Year’s Eve event at Canada Place, Concorde Pacific will once again host a fully-inclusive and family-friendly countdown celebration to midnight. Last year’s inaugural event attracted over 80,000 Vancouverites – making it Canada’s largest New Year’s Eve event in terms of attendance!
This year’s event is officially part of the federal government of Canada’s 150 festivities, celebrating the 150th anniversary of Canadian Confederation. NYE Vancouver will be a free, public event that will include live music, multicultural programming and entertainment, and of course, fireworks! The event will utilize outdoor space at Canada Place and surrounding areas along Canada Place Way from Howe Street to Thurlow Street.
Highlights of this year’s NYE VAN celebration will include:
- Six hours of free family-friendly performances at the 102.7 Peak stage including headliners, The New Pornographers and Wintersleep
- NEW! JRFM stage showcasing some of Canada’s best up and coming country singers
- NEW! True North Indoor Experience held inside the Vancouver Convention Centre’s ballrooms (ticketed)
- Over 20 food trucks
- “Early Eve” Countdown Celebration designed for families at 9pm
- Midnight Countdown Celebration, culminating with a major high-aerial fireworks display over Coal Harbour
- Illuminated Sails of Light at Canada Place
Please note the fireworks cannot be seen from English Bay or Spanish Banks. Guests are recommended to view the fireworks along Vancouver Convention Centre East Plaza, Coal Harbour seawall or Stanley Park seawall facing Coal Harbour (between the Rowing Club and 9 O’Clock Gun).
There are also two premium lounge areas (ticketed) for viewing: RE/MAX Family Zone and the Outdoor Fireworks Viewing Zone.
The event will be live broadcast by Global BC anchors Chris Gailus and Sophie Lui, meteorologist Kristi Gordon and sports anchor Squire Barnes between 11pm and midnight and the fireworks soundtrack will be simulcast on 102.7 The PEAK and 93.7 JRFM for your enjoyment.
Please note: Due to the scale of the event, street closures will be in effect:
- Canada Place Way from Howe Street to Burrard Street. Closed from 3pm on Friday, December 30 t0 1pm on Sunday, January 1
- Canada Place Way from Thurlow Street to Burrard Street. Closed from 8am on Saturday, December 31 to 1pm on Sunday, January 1
Revellers are strongly encouraged to walk, bike, or take advantage of free public transit to the event.
There will be a number of pay car park facilities, within walking distance to Canada Place:
- Canada Place (999 Canada Place)
- Bentall Centre (1040 W. Pender Street)
- Pender Parkade (1130 W. Pender Street)
- Urban Fare at Coal Harbour (305 Bute Street)
- Westin Bayshore (1620 Bayshore Drive)
Local access to the hotels will be maintained during the event.
For more information, click here for NYE Vancouver website.