10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Pan Pacific Vancouver
If there’s one thing I have discovered in the past few months, it’s that everyday day is unique when you work in a hotel. The requests are different, the atmosphere changes, and you constantly get to see new faces. All under one roof is a restaurant, lounge, spa, over 500 rooms and much, much more.
So as I make my way around each day, I’m constantly learning new things and hearing cool facts I never would have known or expected. Here are some of my favorites.
1. Famous Guests – Famous guests and visitors that have stayed at the Pan Pacific include: Princess Diana & Prince Charles, Bill Clinton, the Agha Khan, Boris Yeltsin and the Dalai Lama.
2. 6 Different Kinds of Pillows – Guests at the hotel can request up to 6 different kinds of specialty pillows:
- Premium heavy (firm)
- White goose down feathers: (medium firm)
- White goose down feathers: 100% soft
- Tempur-pedic classic
3. We have a Spa – There is an award winning 12,000 foot Spa Utopia on the Cruise Ship level. This is BC’s largest spa!
4. We’re Pet-Friendly – Dogs and cats are welcome to stay at the hotel with special amenities provided such as: a food bowl, gift box, blanket and dog treats.
5. The View – 70% of event and meeting rooms have an ocean front view of the spectacular North Shore.
6. The Pool – There is an outdoor salt-water, heated pool open till midnight.
7. The Daily Horns – Every day at 12 noon, there is a set of horns on the roof which plays O Canada. If you’re in the area, try and listen for it!
8. NBC Stayed Here – The entire cast of NBC stayed at the Pan Pacific during the Olympics including : Matt Lauer, Dick Ebersol, Ann Curry, Al Roker, Natalie Morales and Bob Costas.
9. The Annual Christmas Wish Breakfast – For the last 22 years, the Pan pacific hosts an annual Christmas Wish Breakfast where thousands of toys and cash are donated to needy children. All of those who donate as well are invited to a complimentary breakfast buffet in the Cafe Pacifica Restaurant.
10. You Can Book 2 nights, and get the 3rd Free – Right now if you book 2 nights at the hotel you can receive the 3rd night free!