What To Bring to the Christmas Wish Breakfast – A Handy Guide
Each year we ask Vancouverites to join us at the Hotel for our annual Christmas Wish Breakfast and to donate a new, unwrapped toy to the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau, in order to make Christmas special for families in need.
The gift most commonly given are stuffed animals for little kids (the LMCB receives thousands of them), however, teenagers are in the most need of toys during the holiday season.
While the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau appreciates ALL gifts given, they would like to request that donors offer toys for tweens and teens and even helped put together a wish list for Santa!
Babies, toddlers and preschoolers:
- Outdoor toys (tricycle, kick scooter, balance bike)
- Building blocks (mega blocks, wooden blocks)
- Play doh
- Musical toys (xylophone, maracas, drums)
- Educational toys (shape sorting cube, abacus, octotunes)
- Games (Hungry Hippos, Angry Birds, Knock on Wood game)
- Crayon, paints and easels
- Leapster Explorer Camera
- Toy cars and train sets
- Dinosaur figures
Elementary school kids, tweens and teens:
- Building toys (Lego, Duplo)
- Outdoor toys (skateboard, kick scooter, bike, soccer ball, basketball, sled)
- Games & brain twisters (Pokemon cards, Perplexes, Quirkle, Monopoly, Scrabble, Yahtzee, Cranium Family Edition)
- Doodle Art
- Art sets (pencils, crayons, pastels)
- Tea and coffee travel mug
- Air hockey
- Tickets to concerts and sport events
- Gift card (coffee, mall, store)
In addition to toy donations, online cash donations will also be accepted through the LMCB website.
Come on down Tuesday, December 13, between 6am-9am, and contribute to our massive toy pile! Join thousands of Vancouverites in the spirit of Christmas!