“Keys to the Streets” – 10 Public Pianos in Vancouver
Vancouver has welcomed 10 Pianos to its street this summer to bring even more joy to its visitors and citizens. Keys to the Streets, inspired by similar pop-up programs in Montreal, Toronto and New York, looks to build upon the spirit of inspiring music and creativity in our urban community.
The pianos are hosted by various organizations across town and are asked to be played between the hours of 7:00AM and 11:00PM to avoid disturbing any nearby residents. The pianos will be available from now until August 23rd, at which point they will be donated to the organization that “hosted” them.
Below you will find the addresses of all 10 public pianos:
- Vancouver Aquarium at Stanley Park (845 Avison Way)
- Canada Place west promenade (999 Canada Place)
- Hornby and Hastings Street at Lot 19 (901 East Hastings Street)
- Pender and Main Street at Chinatown (188 East Pender Street)
- Strathcona Park (898 Prior Street)
- Creekside Community Centre at the Olympic Village (1 Athletes Way)
- Spyglass Dock (1800 Spyglass Place)
- Dude Chilling Park (2390 Brunswick Street)
- Robson Park (525 Kingsway)
- Main Street and 21st Avenue (198 East 21st Avenue)