January Events in Vancouver
Whether you are visiting Vancouver or call Vancouver home, January brings forth an array of exciting events and activities that are worthy of real estate on your 2014 calendars. Get ready to recharge your batteries, work off those turkey hangovers and enjoy the many activities Vancouver has to offer this coming month.
What’s Going On
Looking to snap out of holiday mode? Why not start the New Year off with a splash by taking part in the 93rd Annual Polar Bear Swim. Join hundreds of adventurous participants as they welcome the New Year by diving into the ice cold waters of English Bay and shake off the year that has passed!
If getting wet isn’t your cup of tea, you can always hop into a cab and head over to one of the many concert and show venues that are taking place in Vancouver. Check out Vancouver’s historic Orpheum Theatre to catch a breathtaking performance from the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra or stop by the Queen Elizabeth Theatre on January 17th enjoy a live performance by Canada’s own Barenaked Ladies.
Didn’t get enough to eat over the holidays? Loosen up your belts and nose-dive into Vancouver’s diverse food culture by taking part in the 2014 Dine Out Vancouver Festival. Experience set menus at some of Vancouver’s best restaurants for pocket friendly prices or take part in any of the unique events Dine Out has organized.
Below you will find a full list of events, shows, concerts and activities to make the most of January 2014 in Vancouver:
Activities/Events Ending Soon:
- 93rd Annual Polar Bear Swim @ English Bay– January 1st, 12:30PM
- Festival of Lights @ VanDusen Botanical Gardens – Daily until January 4th
- Canyon Lights @ Capilano Suspension Bridge – Daily until January 4th
- Bright Nights Christmas Train @ Stanley Park – Daily until January 5th
- Cavalia Odysseo @ Olympic Village – Daily until January 12th
- Luminescence @ Vancouver Aquarium – 10AM to 5PM Daily Until January 22nd
- Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2014 – January 17th to February 2nd
- View Events
- View Participating Restaurants for Daily Specials
- The Cafe Pacifica Restaurant at the Pan Pacific Vancouver will be participating in Dine Out.
- Chilly Chase Half Marathon – January 26th Langley (a bit further out of town!)
- Ice Skating @ Robson Square Ice Rink – Daily until February 24th
- Vancouver Theatre Sports – Ultimate Improv Championships @ The Improv Cenre (Granville Island) – 9:15PM every Thursday Starting January 2nd.
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra – Ludvig Van Beethoven @ Orpheum Theatre – 2PM January 9th
- Vancouver Symphony Orchestra – Vivaldi’s Ring of Mystery @ Orpheum Theatre – 2PM January 12th.
- Royal Winnipeg Ballet: Romeo & Juliet – January 30th – February 1st
- Works in Paper @ Burnaby Art Gallery – Daily until January 19th
- An Evolutionary Look Into Vancouver Street Photography @ Museum of Vancouver – Daily until January 26th.
- Charles Edenshaw Exhibition @Vancouver Art Gallery – Daily until February 2nd.
- Barenaked Ladies – January 17th @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre
- Jake Bugg (all ages) – January 21st @ The Orpheum Theatre
Want to contribute to the list? Comment below and let us know what event or activity you won’t miss in January 2014.