February Events in Vancouver
Make some room in your calendars – February 2015 has an assortment of events, outside of Valentine’s day, that are sure to spark your interest. From theatrical performances, to outdoor tours and cultural events, this month’s medley of activities are sure to please you, your family and friends. Below you will find a list of events this February sorted by week.
February 2nd – 8th
- The Great Digital Film Festival – Various times – Ends February 5th
- Front Row Centre Events presents the Great Digital Film Festival. Showcasing favourites in digital on the big screen. Click the link above for showtimes and cinema locations.
- Broadway Across Canada – Disney’s Beauty and the Beast – February 3rd – 8th
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, the smash hit Broadway musical, is coming to you! Based on the Academy Award-winning animated feature film, this eye-popping spectacle has won the hearts of over 35 million people worldwide.
- Grouse Mountain’s 24 hours of Winter Festival – February 7th (overnight)
- Celebrate on the slopes from sundown to sunrise.
On February 7, we’ll once again open our doors for 24 consecutive hours of winter fun at the Peak of Vancouver!
- Lotte van den Berg – Cinema Imaginaire – February 4th – 8th
- Lotte van den Berg works in the realms of theatre, cinema and dance, performing in North America, Europe and Africa. Her current projects are Cinema Imaginaire and Building Conversation; in both works audience members become active participants.
- Winter Wander at Vanier Park – February 7th at 10AM – 5PM
- This Family Day weekend bring your family down to Vanier Park for a day of music, history, science, and art – with live performances by Vancouver Academy of Music students and Bard on the Beach’s Young Shakespeareans.
February 9th – 15th
- Family Day at Robson Square Ice Rink – February 9th at 9AM – PM
- On Monday, February 9th, 2015 the Government of British Columbia’s Robson Square Ice Rink will host a Family Day celebration. Festivities include free skate rentals and music for the whole family.
- Free – Animated films of Sun Xun – February 11th at 7PM
- The meticulous hand-made animated films of Hangzhou-based Chinese artist Sun Xun (b. 1980) use traditional materials such as charcoal, paint, ink, and woodblock to create stunning sequences that depict the destructive force of human impulses.
- Chloe Angus Date Night Fashion Show – February 11th at 7PM
- The event will feature the launch of Chloë Angus Design’s 2015 Spring Line and premiere the trailer for the film! There will be a Red Carpet, Fashion Show, Drinks, DJ, Silent Auction and much more!
- Vancouver Wellness Show – February 13th – 15th
- Discover how to live a healthy, happy and balanced life with The Wellness Show! With high energy fitness demos, cutting edge seminars, a natural beauty area to help you look absolutely fab, healthy and tasty demonstrations by the who’s who of cooking, and multiple exhibitors so you can take home all the wellness, there’s something for everyone!
- Valentine’s Day Dinner at Cafe Medina – February 14th at 7:30PM
- Exclusive, five-course Valentine’s Dinner at Café Medina — European bistro style décor and hearty, Mediterranean-inspired cuisine will set the perfect mood as Chef Jonathan Chovancek and owner Robbie Kane offer a fresh, eclectic evening menu.
February 16th – 22nd
- Talking Stick Festival – February 17th – March 1st
- Discover the work of Aboriginal arts and artists at the 14th Annual Talking Stick Festival presented by Full Circle First Nations Performance. Full Circle’s upcoming Talking Stick Festival takes place in venues throughout the city
- BC Home & Garden Show – February 18th – 22nd
- Find fresh inspiration, helpful tips, innovative
products and fantastic deals in remodeling, home improvement, decor and outdoor spaces with hundreds of experts all under one roof.
- Winterruption on Granville Island – February 19th -22nd
- It’s been a decade since the first ever Winterruption Festival on Granville Island, when Vancouverites and visitors alike take a February break from the cold, grey winter for a burst of colourful art, music and dance!
- Vancouver Aquarium – Sustainable Table Chef Series – February 20th at 6:30PM
- The Sustainable Table is an unforgettable feast at the Vancouver Aquarium. These special dinners will feature local chefs with Vancouver Aquarium Executive Chef Tim Bedford to create six stunning courses featuring local and sustainable ingredients.
- 2015 Chinese New Year Gala – February 21st at 7PM
- iFortune Media’s Fu Man Wen Cheng 2015 showcases performances from distinguished artists like Tingwei Meng, Zun Huo, Chi Jin, An Ping, Jing Li &Yunwei He, Aoyue Zhang, Xiaolian Ye, Tian Zhou, Guozhu Zhao, and Ya’er Xie, and local Canadian artists, too.
- Cineworks’ presents: An evening at the Oscars – February 22nd at 4PM
- Join Cineworks for an intimate evening of fine dining catered by local restaurant España, cocktails & more. Talent Time’s very own Paul Anthony will guide you through a comedic viewing of the 87th annual Academy Awards!
February 23rd -28th
- SPCA’s National Cupcake Day – February 23rd
- Bake cupcakes, raise funds and fight animal cruelty! By registering, baking, and most importantly fundraising for National Cupcake Day for SPCAs & Humane Societies, you will change the lives of thousands of neglected, abused and abandoned animals.
- Pink Shirt Day – February 25th
- On February 25th, we encourage all of you to wear a CKNW Orphans’ Fund Official Pink Shirt or pin to symbolize that we as a society will not tolerate bullying anywhere.
- Vancouver Aquarium’s After Hours – February 26th at 6PM
- Join us for our next After Hours, our adults-only event, and explore the galleries with a beer or glass of wine in-hand, and learn about the fascinating, colourful animals that call the warm waters of the tropics home.
We hope you are able to attend as many of these events as possible. Please comment below and let us know what events you plan on attending or if you have any other recommendations for events this month.